Legal Quandary

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I'm At the Point of Just Not Caring

I'm supposed to be working on an "un-midterm."

Professor Admin desperately wanted to give us a midterm. He made the mistake of putting it up to a vote, and very few people were interested in stressing themselves out about a test at this point in the quarter. (Better to save it all up for later).

He was so psyched about the idea of the midterm and so hurt that no one wanted to take one that he gave us what is, for all intents and purposes, a take-home midterm. Which we're going to discuss in class tomorrow.

Trouble is, I just can't bring myself to care about it. Don't get me wrong - I've tried reading and re-reading the stuff. I read the cases initially and I've looked at them tonight. I have my handy Blond's and Legalines next to me. But I don't care and just can't seem to "synthesize" the way he wants us to.

I'm tired. I just want to lay in the sunshine and snooze during the day. And play with my kids in the evening. And talk to my husband or watch tv once the kids are in bed.

I'm sure I'll care a heck of a lot more tomorrow at 9:30 though so it would be good if the "caring" gene kicked back in well before then.

Comments:
I am SO with you tonight. Cannot. Get. It. Together.

Why am I so indifferent...oh yeah, I'm not SUPPOSED to have to worry about "synthesizing" and "caring" until three days before the exam.

MUST NOT BREAK THE ROUTINE! NOOOOO!!!!
 
So THAT'S why I don't care.

While I generally like and respect Prof Admin a great deal, he's also got to know that hitting us with an "un-midterm" during the first streak of nice weather we've had since last August is just cruel and unusual.
 
There are a few books on the subject, some very
 
Post a Comment

<< Home