Legal Quandary

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Dear Roundboy and Mrs. Roundboy,

EC has been back with me for almost a month now, and there's something I have to share with you.

I was mad as hell at you when she came back. In fact, I'm still pretty irate, which is why I'm writing this.

Do you know that she gained 12 pounds over the summer??? 12 pounds. In 5 weeks. Over 2 pounds a week. Do you know how many calories per day that translates to??? Let me save you the trouble of looking it up. It means you fed her an average of nearly 3000 calories a day! Say it with me now, three thousand calories.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what the hell is wrong with you?

Now, I know what you're going to say. You're going to tell me she went through a growth spurt. I'll concede that she grew an inch, but that is nowhere near enough to compensate for all the weight she put on. So, nice try, but no cigar.

Look, EC is never going to be a skinny child, and I am fine with that. She is - or at least she was - a healthy, active child. I have no problem with healthy. But you do this to her every single year. Since 1999, she's come back between 7 and 10 pounds heavier every summer. And since 1999, I have had to watch what she eats and make sure she exercises for the next 9 months to try to get her back to a normal weight. AND I have to do it without being so obvious as to give her a reason to develop an eating disorder.

Both the kid's grandfathers died of cancer. High blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes all run in her family. Why do you want to endanger your child's health? If you two want to have 6 chins between you, be my guest, but please keep EC out of it.

Also, eat a fucking salad from time to time.

Love,

LQ

Comments:
Oh. My. God.

That must drive you INSANE!! And how dumb are these people? Do they deep-fry everything they feed her or something? To have a child whose health needs special care, and then to have that care sabotaged...

But kudos for being a clever mom and not giving EC a food complex.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home