Legal Quandary

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Irregular, My Foot!

So there I was, blithely browsing the Zappos boot selection, because they had sent me an email about a big sale.

I remain perplexed by the currently fashionable "Sherpa" look, and would like to add that most of the women I see wearing these furry lace-up-able boots don't look like they have any serious intention of ever traveling to the Himalayas.

But mixed in with all the Sherpa boots and the boots I might actually consider buying was this little beauty by a company called "Irregular Choice".

I'll agree these are irregular. I'd go so far as to say they're freaking abnormal. I'd go even further, but I did have that New Year's resolution* about colorful language, and let's face it - these are colorful enough.

If I had to describe them, I'd say they were along the style of Court jester meets hooker Indian princess with a smattering of ill-advised cowgirl.

Sadly, I can think of at least one person who would consider wearing them.


* Which I totally broke yesterday when I called Ted Kennedy a complete assclown moron during the Alito confirmation hearings.