Legal Quandary

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Just Desserts

I brought muffins in to work one day last week.

A day or two later my boss came in to talk to me. We discussed a couple of projects I was working on, and then the conversation went something like this.

Bossman: OK, so more importantly - those muffins you brought in the other day were the best muffins I've ever eaten. Seriously. If you had a bakery and sold those, I would drive out of my way to pay $2 a piece for them.

Me: Thanks. (haha) Maybe someday I'll get around to the whole bakery thing...

Bossman: You should! I've always wondered what you were doing here and why you're not out selling muffins and coffee.


I'm pretty sure that whole exchange was meant as a compliment - I do make a mean apple muffin.

I must admit though that there's a tiny part of me that wonders if maybe my boss is also trying to tell me nicely that I'm a better baker than I am a lawyer. Sadly, this is probably also true. Of course I've also been baking a lot longer than I've been lawyering, so maybe there's still hope.