Legal Quandary

Monday, August 25, 2008

Where Do All The Scissors Go?

The kids start school tomorrow, so in true LQ fashion, I was out doing the back-to-school shopping tonight. In my defense, the shopping list depends in part on assigned teachers, and we didn't find that key bit of information out until late.

At any rate, I realized that once again, I have to buy scissors for Lil Q. I've bought scissors for the kids EVERY SINGLE YEAR they've been in school, so I'm really starting to wonder what happens to all the scissors?

I'm not balking at the idea of providing some school supplies for the kids. Crayons? No problem. Pencils? Of course. Kleenex and/or baby wipes? Sure. But are the kids really that rough on scissors? Because I sure as heck never see a pair come back home at the end of the year.