Legal Quandary

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Well, Now I Know for Sure that the 74 Goes Nowhere Near Where I Need to Be

Today I was running a bit behind leaving school, and the younger child had a Halloween Party. Or Harvest Party. Or whatever we're calling them these days. At any rate - the kids all dressed up in costumes and ended up with bags of treats, including candy. Sounds like Halloween to me, but whatever.

Apparently I wasn't paying very close attention to the buses, and got on the 74. All the other "70" buses go down the street where I park my car during the day. (I know it sounds strange, but you have to just trust me that doing this makes total sense). So all of a sudden, we turn onto a street we don't normally turn on. For the first block or so, I figure there must have been an accident and we were just doing a slight detour - something that actually happens pretty often. But no - we keep going, and I realize that this bus is taking me in a direction I don't want to go!

I got off and ended up walking all the way to my car - just in time to see a parking enforcement officer writing me a $38 ticket for being parked during a restricted time. Which I was, so I can't even contest the damned thing.

Great.



Comments:
The cop was in league with the minions of satan which escape every year for halloween. Sorry to hear about the ticket. :( That really sucks.
 
Thanks - I appreciate the vote of sympathy. I think the worst part of it was that I knew I'd screwed up and was kicking myself. Well, that and the money. I hate wasting money. Someday I'll write about my on-campus job. Ironically, I hear appeals for parking tickets. :S
 
Post a Comment

<< Home