Legal Quandary

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Torts, Part 2

Maybe I just have Torts on the brain (though I'm nominally reviewing ConLaw right now), but what is it with today's news?

Thirty Cambodians suffered food poisoning after eating homemade noodles contaminated with chewing tobacco that had dropped into the batter from the cook's mouth, police said Monday.

The victims, mostly children, began vomiting after eating noodle soup for breakfast Friday in a village in Banteay Meanchey province, about 190 miles northwest of the capital, Phnom Penh, said Deputy District Police Chief Yort Ray.

An investigation turned up traces of chewing tobacco in the noodles - and led police to 39-year-old wholesale noodle vendor Sieng Seng, who had supplied the shops where people got sick.

Sieng Sang, an avid tobacco chewer like many poor Cambodian women, said she had not realized a wad had dropped into the flour as she was talking.

Police gave her a lesson in hygiene and told her to be more careful when opening her mouth while cooking, Yort Ray said.


In addition to all the obvious things going on here, I think I speak for all of us when I say "ick."

Comments:
That is disgusting! I hope I never eat chewing tobacco in my noodles, especially the kind that drops out of someones mouth!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link