Legal Quandary

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Interview

Alternate Title: Never Underestimate My Ability to Get Lost

I wrote a long post about this last night, but stupid Blogger/Firefox ate it.

So there I was... (your response is "Where were you?" Humor me.)

I had my newly tailored skirt. A new pair of Anne Klein shoes. A new black purse (though why I bothered is beyond me - boys never notice those things). My hair was up. My make-up was on. I looked smart, skinny, and competent.

My application package was complete. I had mapquested and printed out directions to *what I thought* was the right place. I even gave myself an hour and a half to get there.

I drove and drove and was doing fine until about the last 5 miles. When I got lost. I mean really, totally, utterly, where-in-the-hell-am-I??? lost. Let the panic attack begin. It didn't help that my cell phone was also inexplicably not working and I couldn't get in touch with the interviewer. So picture me driving around lost and totally freaking out.

Finally, I did get in touch with him, explained my situation and he gave me directions to get there. I eventually made it, but let's just say I was extremely late. He was very cool about it and told me not to worry. But still - it's hard to talk about your great listening skills and proven competence when you can't even navigate a largish metropolitan area.

At any rate - once I got there, it went great. Really, really well. There's actually a panel who makes the final decision, but the interviewer said I should have a really good shot. He also promised to make no mention of my general lack of navigational skills.

So who knows.

I'll find out sometime around Halloween. Trick or Treat.