Legal Quandary

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That

Q: What's blue, white, and silver and goes "Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! ONE! Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! TWO!"?

A: Why, it's a gym full of people doing 4 count jumping jacks (or flutter kicks or sit ups) while wearing the new Air Force PT uniform, of course!

Don't get me wrong. I actually like the idea of a PT uniform. I saw the Army's version a couple of years ago and thought it looked sharp, so I was excited to hear that the AF was introducing its own version. When I saw it, it also looked sharp. And then I felt it. And heard it.

Instead of comfy and breathable fabrics that you might actually want to work out in, someone decided that 100% nylon was the way to go. Which probably means it'll keep the wind out, but it's also incredibly stiff and LOUD. I work out in the gym, so wind is not a big factor for me. Also, it appears that someone failed "Fabrics 101" by deciding to make the t-shirt out of 100% polyester - a fabric which does not breath - a fact I can personally attest to, having worked out in it.

Captain Quandary gives the new PT uniform an A for effort, but a C- for execution.