Legal Quandary

Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday Spies

Questions brought to you by the imagination of BTQ. I take full responsibility for the lameness of my answers. I blame the fact that I'm at work. Yeah, that's why....

1. What names did you consider for your blog?
LQ was really the only one. I had been using it as a msn screenname for awhile, and just started the blog for kicks one night to procrastinate from my BusOrgs reading. If I had it to do over again, I think I would still go with LQ. But I might seriously consider “Juridiculous.” Although I’m not sure I’m a) funny enough or b) actually do enough posting about law stuff to justify that name.
2. What is your favorite adult beverage and why?
Red wine - preferably Pinot Noir, but a nice Syrah (Shiraz) or Merlot works too. I think this is a result of living in California for 3 years. I wasn't much of a wine drinker before that and only liked the sweet stuff. As I started drinking more wine, I started liking the reds much better (though I still enjoy a good Riesling). It’s good with appetizers or a full dinner. I can drink more than one and not make a fool of myself. Or I can just stick with one and still look sociable. Also, I've only gotten sick off red wine once. And that's only because I split a large bottle of not great quality wine (before I knew better) with a BCOT classmate. That was day 2 of BCOT - it only went downhill from there.
3. If you could cancel 3 televisions shows, what would they be?
Ummm…I don't think I could even name 3 current tv shows right now. Elimidate was a pretty terrible show when I still had time for tv. Divorce Court was also pretty sad. If its possible to prospectively cancel a show – anything that features Britney Spears is just bound to just be a train wreck in slow motion.
4. You've been asked to host ">SNL. Which cast would you choose to work with, and who would you choose as the musical guest?
I’m assuming this means I can pick and choose among cast members even though they may not have actually worked together. Will Farrell, Chris Kattan, Phil Hartman, and Cherie Oterie with a musical guest of the Counting Crows.
Although honestly, I never watch the musical guest and would just as soon do away with that portion of the show.
5. What will Britney Spears name her baby and which three names will she consider and reject before settling on the "winner"?
You know…I’m not really very good at this. I’m going to defer to people who are better at this sort of thing.