Legal Quandary

Saturday, April 09, 2005

I Heart New Bedding

In which I indulge in one of my few "girly" moments.

Mr. Q bought me a really expensive, really fabulous down comforter for my birthday. But we haven't used it yet because we didn't have a duvet cover for it. We finally went last weekend and bought one.

Our old down comforter was a queen size, but I wanted a king size comforter so we won't have to fight over it. And because it looks better when the duvet hangs further down the sides.

Being a girl, it's not possible for my to *just* walk out with a duvet cover. I had to have a matching dust ruffle and sheets too. I wanted matching shams too, but they didn't have any left. I didn't get around to changing the bedding until tonight.

I had to wash the sheets before I put them on to get all the sizing out, but I wanted it to look nice, so there I stood tonight, ironing my pillowcases. There's an exercise in futility for you. But at least I didn't use starch.

And it's so pretty! There's just something about sleeping in a bed that looks nice.

/gushy girly post