Legal Quandary

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Like You Betty

"That's Danny, Sir."

I stopped by our Career Services office this afternoon to ask very quick and simple question of the person in charge of externships. My Career Advisor was there. She's a very nice lady. I enjoy chatting with her. On the other hand, I never get the impression that she's really all that interested in things like "me" and "what I want to do with my life." My suspicions were confirmed today, even though I'll give her points for remembering that I was getting ready to move.

Me: blathering on about my kids while I anxiously wait for the lady I need to talk to...

Her: "How old is your son again?"

Me: "Um, I have 2 daughters."

Her: "Right. Now why did I think you had a son...?"

As I'm leaving, she gives me a general "keep your chin up" and "the quarter is almost over" sort of pep talk.

And as I'm walking out the door shouts "Take care, Liz!"

I know most of you don't know my real name. Here's a hint: It's not Liz. It's not even close to Liz.

Comments:
Kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I got busted for faking a conversation with someone I didn't recognize. I was working as a cashier when this girl came up to me and chatted with me for 1 minute as I wrapped her groceries. I tried to remember where I'd seen her before, but I just couldn't place her face with a name. We talked about school, life, etc. Finally, right before she left, she said "You don't remember me, do you?" And I forced a grin "No, not really..." Unfortunately, everyone else waiting in the line heard that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home