Legal Quandary

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Plight of the Visiting 3L

Everyday my inbox is inundated with messages from TVPNU. Some are the fairly generic summaries of what group is meeting when (and more importantly, what kind of food they're serving.) Others are the frantic requests from Career Services for us to update our resumes, update our post-graduation job information, etc. These usually get deleted out-of-hand.

Lately though, there's been a flurry of graduation-related emails.

3L's!!!!! We're having a graduation party! Plan to be there. We don't know when. We don't know where. We don't know how much it'll be. We'll get back to you with the details!!!

or
3Ls!!!! We have a super fun graduation party planned! Stop by at lunch to buy your tickets for $$$. Oh - and we're having KARAOKE!!!!!!

Which is great. Except I'm not there to buy the tickets. So I email them to let them know I'd like to go, and should I mail them a check or just drop off cash when I get to town?
3L's!!!!! Don't forget to check your student mailboxes. There's IMPORTANT graduation stuff in there and you CANNOT WALK AT GRADUATION WITHOUT IT!
*Sigh* I thought we covered this.
3L's!!!!! If you need extra tickets to graduation, you need to stop by Surly Administrator's office by noon today!!!!
See above. Finally,

3L's!!!!! Congrats on your last day of law school classes ever!!!! There's free coffee and doughnuts in the student lounge! Come and get it!
SOOO unfair.

But I guess I can console myself with the fact that I had my last class of law school over a month ago. And they've still got finals. AND I'll be more than 2 weeks ahead of them on Bar Review.

Speaking of which...

Comments:
If it makes you feel better, the general consensus was that the donuts were utter crap.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home