Legal Quandary

Monday, May 02, 2005

Seeking Opinions

As usual...

I'm shopping for new glasses, since my old ones broke. I found a couple of pairs this weekend, and then sort of fell in love with these yesterday. Of course they're expensive once you plunk the prescription lenses into them. I'm also considering doing the Transitions lenses, since they don't make the little magnetic sunglass thingies for these and I don't want to fork over another couple hundred bucks for prescription sunglasses. Especially since I wear my contacts most days.

As usual...I'm looking for advice from random strangers. For those of you who know me "in real life," how do you think these would look on me? Even if you don't know me...what do you think? Also - has anyone gotten Transition lenses? I know they used to be pretty ugly, but the salespeople assure me they are "much better" now.

Comments:
I can speak to the Transitions thing. The spouse has a set of photograys, although I believe they're a Corning product and not Transitions. He loves them, with the exception that they do not get dark in the car. The tinting of the car windows prevent them from activating. Outdoors, they get damn dark, but you have to break them in. Effectively, you let them bake in the sun a bit and get them used to the idea. :)
 
My mom has to hold hers out the window of the car for a second to get them dark, but she loves them. I know you in real life, I think those would look awesome! :)
 
Hm. I would actually vote against Transitions. For one thing, the car problem - you have to roll down the window and periodically get them UVed again. This is annoying on long car trips or long commutes. Second, the transition back to normal takes quite a while and you sit around with dark glasses on. But the frames are totally cute.
 
I heart the frames. Sexy librarian type frames are my fave.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home