Legal Quandary

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Panic!

Thanks to Shell for her vote of confidence in the comments to my last post.

I have to admit to not having the same degree of confidence, but then I'm in the throes of a full-blown panic attack right now. (Note that it is 1:45 in the morning.)

I'm worried about being able to get everything done that needs doing before the end of the semester. That paper is not going to write itself, yet it seems that so many other things get in the way of my being able to sit down and actually write.

EC's habitual lying for example - which managed to suck up the ENTIRE evening. Or the fact that this Practice Trial is sucking up ALL my study time. Or that our daycare is not open on Monday, meaning that I'll be spending the day trying to write while entertaining a 3 year old.

And it's not just the paper. Despite my best intentions and early efforts, I am once again completely behind in outlining. I might appear to be a huge slacker, but I do actually try to read all my assignments and go to class. Somehow between that and bar applications and MPRE studying and parenting and traveling for funerals and trying to deal with my dad's estate, outlining has falled by the wayside. Again. Now finals are only a few weeks away.

Speaking of the estate, I got 2 pieces of mail today. One told me that I'm going to have to spend a boatload of money in the very near future. The other said that the monthly expenses are about to go through the roof. One of these was expected - the other not so much.

So, there you go. More than you ever really wanted to know about what's going on in my life.

All because I can't sleep.