Legal Quandary

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

High School Reunion

I went to 3 different high schools. I stayed at one for sophomore and junior year, but started at another for my senior year. Then we moved to Germany in the middle of my senior year. I would have graduated from that school, except I won a scholarship which had a condition that I had to graduate from a school in my home state.

I've never been to any of my high school reunions. There's only a couple of people I keep in touch with. B - the guy I dated all through high school, and J, who I still email with even though she's the one who introduced me to Roundboy.

BUT…I keep running into one girl I went to HS with. We'll call her "BJ." She was a nice enough girl, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that we were friends. We wound up in some of the same classes and activities, but mostly ran in different crowds. I distinctly remember a conversation after swim practice one day where she talked about being able to get backstage at concerts by flashing the band. Even in high school, she was well-enough endowed that she probably knew what she was talking about. Let's just say I was a late bloomer. (At 5'9 and 121 pounds, there's just wasn't that much body fat there…)

Flash forward 10 years. BJ was literally the first person I was introduced to when I moved to California. Mr. Q and I went to a party hosted by one of his friends, and there she was. We reminisced for a few minutes and traded notes on the people we kept in touch with, and then things got awkward when the pictures from the last Hash came out - including one of BJ topless in the hot tub. Although she hung out with one of my friends, I maybe saw her twice more the entire time we lived in California.

So yesterday I was dropping off Lil Q for pre-school and who should appear but BJ. Turns out she got married and has a daughter in Lil Q's class. What are the odds of that?

Maybe this time I should try to cultivate a friendship....

Comments:
Or she's just a really, really thorough, subtle stalker.
 
So am I the ONLY one who clicked on the pictures of the hash expecting to see BJ topless?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home