Legal Quandary

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Ass You Kick May Be Your Own

Today's workout was the best I've had in 4 years!

That's not saying much, since the last time I really worked out was about that long ago, but it was still nice to get back to the gym without having the nagging suspicion that I really ought to be doing some reading.

But I get the distinct impression that I'm going to be really sore tomorrow.

Never one to do things by half measures, I've got a call in to a personal trainer to try to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with all those weight machines sitting around the gym. I'm pretty sure you've got to actually lift things in order to reap any benefits...

All in all, a pretty good day, health wise. I went grocery shopping while I was still in my exercise holier-than-thou mode, which prevented me from buying a bunch of junk. We even signed up for a family YMCA membership (very close to the house!) so the kids and I can go swimming.

EC had her swim team trials this evening, but we won't find out for a week or so whether she made the team or needs a few more lessons. It's been a while since she's really done much other than splash around with her cousins, so she was a bit rusty. She's got an awesome backstroke (something I never mastered), but that's balanced by the funkiest breaststroke I've ever seen.