Legal Quandary

Monday, January 10, 2005

Cold Medicine + Me = Blah

I haven't been posting much in the last couple of days. Part of it is because I spent a good chunk of Saturday baking/assembling/decorating E.Spat's cake for her birthday party that night. And also because I've been hopped up on cold medicine.

According to my doctor, I don't tolerate pseudoephedrine well. So instead of knocking me on my ass, like it does normal people, I get all panicky and freaked out. Some fun. Since pseudoephedrine is the main ingredient in most cold medicines, the means I avoid taking cold medicine until I absolutely can't stand being sick anymore.

Not that it's entirely without benefits. It makes me a cheap date, since I get pretty tipsy off just one drink and really have no interest in food. I seem to have a lot of energy, especially at times when normal people are sleeping. Also, after 2-3 days, I always start thinking that cold medicine as a weight loss plan seems like a good idea.

Of course, that could be either the alcohol or the lack of food talking.