Legal Quandary

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

Every new year is accompanied by new lessons. The things I have learned so far in the first 20.75 hours of 2005 are:

1. Mr. Quandary has relatives who will call up early in the day on New Year's Day, ask if you'll be home, and announce "Great! We'll be there in 1 hour!"

2. Mr. Q and I can accomplish an amazing amount of housework in 1 hour.

3. 3 gallons of boiling water will not bring an entire (half-filled) bathtub up to a temperature suitable for human bathing. This rule applies especially when the pilot light on the hot water heater has been extinguished intentionally and it is winter. (Actually, this was learned late last year, but I feel a need to include it - just as a PSA. In case you were wondering. Which you weren't.)

4. There is a conspiracy in my house to prevent me from completing my first-day reading assignments.

Happy New Year everyone. More posting in the near future, when I go back to school and have more free time.

Comments:
First day reading assignments? Wha? I haven't even bought book yets...I just try to sit in class and look like I'm ambivalent about possibly dropping it. Or say the bookstore ran out of books. That's a good one too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home