Legal Quandary

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Baby Steps

To My Neighbors Across the Street -

I just want to commend you for the progress you made today in beginning to accept the results of November's election. I understand you were deeply saddened and disappointed by your candidate's loss, but I was beginning to wonder if you were planning to keep your campaign yard sign up for the entire duration of the winner's term of office. You did a bang up job of cleaning up your yard for Spring this past weekend (something I have yet to do), so when you left the sign out front, I started to get a little worried....I mean, even the people who draped a little black ribbon around their yard sign after the results were certified managed to take their sign down a few weeks later.

I just want to give you a little pat on the back and some words of encouragement for today's act of moving the sign from front and center in your yard to semi-hidden near your front steps. Don't push yourself!

Love,

LQ