Legal Quandary

Monday, March 14, 2005

Ummm...Bad Juju?

In a week, I'll be back in Omaha to help my dad pack up his place. We finally worked out all the details, and he stopped being a jackass, so I'm taking the red-eye out Sunday night, working my tail off for 4 days, and flying back home on Saturday. I'll be hauling several of my textbooks with me so I can be prepared for class when we start back up on the following Monday morning. Also, because I can't sleep on planes, so I might as well study.

The first day in Omaha, I won't be doing any packing, but have made tentative plans to have dinner with my very first boyfriend, B. We dated for 4 1/2 years, broke up, both married other people, divorced those spouses, and both married again. 3 years ago, he called me up out of the blue, and now we chat from time to time. I haven't seen him in almost 10 years.

I sent him an email the other day to tell him when I was going to be in town and to see if we could grab lunch together. In his response today, he not only told me he was getting divorced again, but suggested we have dinner at what was our favorite restaurant when we were dating. Gmail, ever-helpful, had an ad for the restaurant in the sidebar touting "cozy, romantic, fireside dining."

Should I be worried about this?

Comments:
Sorry I'm late w/ this post, but old boyfriend sounds super sketchy.
 
Aren't you the one who complained about being called up years later by some guy from elementary school? Denis, I believe his name was.
 
Aren't you the one who complained about being called up years later by some guy from elementary school? Denis, I believe his name was.
 
Well, I wouldn't call it complaining exactly. I said it wasn't the smartest things I'd ever done agreeing to meet up with him. I'm trying to decide which was worse - Dennis or the squid (apologies to Denise) I went out with a couple of times after chatting online.
Also, I dated B for a really long time, and aside from a few testosterone induced episodes of wanting to show off, he didn't ever give me the impression he would harm me. My one memorable interaction with Dennis involved me getting hurt....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home