Legal Quandary

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Here We Are Now

Entertain us...

So Bored. Not that I don't have things I really *ought* to be doing. Because I do.

I just don't want to.

And I'm sitting here debating whether I want to get up at 4 AM to watch the webfeed of Mr. Q's cousin's wedding planned elopement.

I'm torn on the whole issue. Not that I'm not happy for her and everything, it's just I think it's sort of contrived to "plan" for 6 months to elope. Also, it smacks of "I don't want to go to the trouble of planning a wedding and have to feed all of you, so please just send gifts and save everyone the time and trouble."

I guess it's her right to decide what she wants her wedding to be like, but if you're not going to invite me to the real thing, I guess I don't want to be invited to the webcast either. So there's my moment of snarkiness for the evening.

Isn't anyone else online????? I REALLY need something more exciting than this to distract me from Admin.

Comments:
That *is* really weird - I always think of wedding gifts as a happy trade off for inviting me to their party. Not as a trade off for making me watch their webcast.
 
Wow, a webcast? I can't believe you'd get an invite to the webcast. I believe that's an un-vitation.

Yowza. For an elopment present, I'd get them something computer-related like a wireless card or something.
 
And here I was wondering if it was just me. I even considered taking the post down because I thought maybe I was being too bitchy.

I didn't end up watching (couldn't drag myself out of bed after going to bed at 1AM), but did go to the site to scout it out. www.anvilhall.com.

Also - if you're going to elope and invite people to your webcast - most of whom live on the West Coast - wouldn't you want to choose a later ceremony so some of them could actually watch without having to get up at *OhMyGod* in the morning?

Hmmm...what to get as a gift. What about their very own webcame so they can not invite us to future gatherings. "Please join us via the web for a delicious holiday dinner."

I'm taking suggestions for other gift ideas...
 
A mosquito....I'm a frito! Yeah! (I know that lyric is wrong but I love it like that.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home