Legal Quandary

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

2 Cars, 2 Cats, 2 Kids, Volume 1

The house is packed and on its way east. They loaded *almost* everything we own onto a truck Friday, and I was happy to see it all go. I say almost, because we still managed to absolutely fill 2 cars with stuff, and even left a thing or two behind.

The weekend was spent cleaning up the house, which apparently was in worse shape than I thought because Mr. Q insisted on spending the ENTIRE weekend there, as well as part of the 4th. (I thought it would have been fine after about Saturday.) Gallon size ziplock bags and nail polish remover are a mover's best friends.

I have learned that my family sucks at rowing. We wanted to go canoeing on the 4th, but because there were four of us, they would only give us a rowboat. We ended up alternating between Mr. Q and I each operating one rowboat oar, using the oars as if they were canoe paddles, and just taking the canoe paddles they'd given the kids and using those. Stop laughing - it's not funny.

We watched fireworks from a cousin's house which overlooks the Puget Sound. It was amazing - we could see fireworks from all over.

Yesterday's drive was uneventful. We stopped at Coeur D'Alene (pronounced Cordelaine) and the kids splashed in the lake before continuing on to Missoula, Montana. I have to say I was surprised at how beautiful both Idaho and Montana were. At least the stretches along I-90. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

Time to hit the road...again.

Comments:
Isn't it amazing that you can always leave something behind? You think you love all your stuff and want to take it all with you, but then you discover you can't fit two or three things in the car or the truck and WHAM! it takes just a few seconds to say, OK, leave it.
 
I don't know how you move an entire family. I'm already having a headache thinking about how I'm going to move to my new school - and it's going to be fully-furnished!
 
Yay, I can't wait to see you....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home