Legal Quandary

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Conspiracy Theory

The wusses at EC's school are at it again.

I looked out the window a few minutes ago and saw that it was snowing! So pretty!

And then I got this email, which quickly changed my attitude.

Due to inclement weather the NOVAtown Public Schools will close two hours early today, Thursday, December 15th.

This also means I need to pick Lil Q up early, which will result in a total inability to get any studying done. Did I mention I have another final to study for?

Look folks, it's true that the weather is supposed to get nasty & icy later. But how 'bout we wait for the weather to actually get bad before we start sending the kids home early? So far we've had several of these weather alerts - and every single one of them has turned out to be a false alarm. Forgive me if I'm losing faith in your ability to accurately predict the weather.

Also, I grew up in the midwest, so snow was not a reason to close school. Unless you could measure it in feet - note the plural form of the word.

Can we work on that, please? My sanity and GPA thank you in advance.